Friday, September 06, 2013

OPI/MARIAH CAREY HOLIDAY 2013 COLLECTION

I received my delivery of OPI goodness today and couldn't wait to get home and try them... but, I have to say, some of the ones I thought I would LOVE have left me a bit 'meh'.  (CLICK ON EACH PICTURE TO VIEW IN LARGER SIZE)


First, on my index finger is Ski Slope Sweetie (this golden pearl is everybunny's favourite) , this is actually prettier than I thought it would be, though is probably better suited to layering - the photo above is two coats, and still really sheer.

Middle finger is My Favorite Ornament (make this champagne glitter your new personal favourite) really pretty, great for the holidays, again quite sheer so would probably need three coats.  Very thirsty for top coat too.

Ring finger Warm Me Up (this spiced coffee hits all the cold spots) I've got to say, I'm not quite sure where OPI were going with this one - it doesn't scream 'holidays' at me, and the colour is a bit vague, kind of a shimmery brown, I really cannot envisage any of my clients wanting to wear this (or myself).

My pinky finger is wearing what has to be my favourite of the collection, Underneath the Mistletoe (Is my kiss as spicy-sweet as this candy apple red) - this reminds me of custom paint job on an American muscle car I saw at a show once; which I have always loved.  There are tiny little glitters which catch the light perfectly.  Look on line for some better photos, my camera was out of whack today - there are some photos out there that show how stunning this is!

I also bought one of the new DS polishes (Designer Series) DS Pewter, again, I had high hopes for this but have been really disappointed.  It was GLOOPY as anything on application, and looked more like liquid sand than a DS polish.  Even though there is supposed to be diamond dust in this polish, it really struggles to find the light and sparkle.  Photo below without top coat.

 
 
Again this was a really thirsty polish and gobbled up the top coat - it could probably do with 2 or 3 coats of top coat, but it already feels too thick on my nails.  I was hoping that this was going to be my new fave, but again - disappointed OPI.
 
 

 
 
I paired this with Wonderous Star (this gold flecked shimmer has heavenly shine) which I actually wasn't that keen on originally and had bought purely for clients to have something sparkly over the holidays, but am pleasantly surprised by this.  The large black glitters make it stand out as something a bit different.
 
Lastly - again, thinking of the holidays, I also bought I Snow You Love Me (just like you love this disco light confetti) - guys this polish is RIDICULOUS! HUGE disco ball style glitters really make this scream fun and holidays.  I'm not usually a fan of large glitters, but this is so fun you can't help but love it.  I haven't done it justice here, just plonking it on top of Warm Me Up - but it was more to give you an idea of the size of the glitters.
 





1 comment:

LauraNataliee said...

OMG! I need that collection! It is GORGEOUS! I'm in love.. seriously.. wow!