Tuesday, September 10, 2013

OPI UNDERNEATH THE MISTLETOE AND I SNOW YOU LOVE ME

Underneath The Mistletoe was THE stand out colour for me in the OPI Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 collection, as soon as I saw the promo literature, I knew that was the one I loved, and could picture which clients would go for it too.  In real life it is stunning, it's actually even prettier than the pictures, but is so difficult to photograph in our horrid northern light.

There is a real depth of shine to this making it very dimensional.  It applies like a jelly, looking good in one coat, but needing two for full coverage.  A coat of OPI Rapid Dry Top Coat and you've completed your look.



One of the other colours I liked the look of was You Snow You Love Me - a beautiful pearlescent white/gold shimmer - perfect for those who like a more neutral look, but also want to glam it up for the holidays.  While it's cute on its own, I decided to experiment and layer it over Underneath The Mistletoe, and was more than pleasantly surprised by the beautiful vintage gold look that showed through.  You can also see the depth of the shimmer a bit better on these photos (click photos for bigger).



No comments: